Notice of Intent BP-1 2017
Request for Proposals
CESMII is excited to share the 2017-2018 Notice of Intent with members and potential members. CESMII plans to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Research and Development (R&D) programs. The total available CESMII funding will be approximately $10.5 Million with a 30% awardee cost-share requirement.
CESMII's objectives are to enhance U.S. manufacturing productivity, global competitiveness, reinvestment by increasing energy productivity, economic performance, and workforce expansion, while ensuring institute sustainability.
First Annual CESMII Member Meeting
CESMII is thrilled to introduce its very first annual member meeting held at UCLA Covel Commons, Los Angeles, CA.
- Meet and network with other CESMII members and the team
- Understand the CESMII roadmap
- See the CESMII Smart Manufacturing platform in action
- Access CESMII content and training
- Understand how to leverage your membership investment
- Engage with CESMII Affinity Groups, Working Groups, and Advisory Teams
- Open and engage CESMII’s rich ecosystem
- Learn how to get started in Smart Manufacturing and initiate projects in your company
Smart Manufacturing Videos
The Value of Smart Manufacturing
Join over 200 partners from industry and leading universities, national labs and associations across more than 30 states to advance manufacturing competitiveness, sustainability and innovation in the U.S.
Optimized energy productivity & efficiency, achieve:
• 10-20% reduction in production costs
• Reduction in energy consumption
• $7B-15B per year energy cost savings
• 20-50% reduction in supply chain energy stream use & waste
• Environmental sustainability
Data as a key asset across enterprises & supply chains, achieve:
• Real-time decisions
• Demand-driven response
• Productivity, performance & agility
• Long-term innovation
• High-quality manufacturing jobs
• Integrated energy management systems
Business and engineering tools, practices and intelligence, achieve:
• Ability to test, evaluate technologies
• Lower cost, reduced risk for technologies
• Scalable solutions
• Management across seams & connected data from all existing systems.
• Accessing a high-skilled workforce
Members in CESMII share a passion for Smart Manufacturing. These leaders believe that rapid technology adoption in support of improvements in productivity, job growth, energy efficiency, safety and time to market in a collaborative, diverse environment is key to radically improving US Manufacturing growth in process, discrete and batch industries. CESMII will enable companies of all sizes access to evolve with technology and grow their business.
WHY JOIN CESMII
CESMII is organized to provide you resources to achieve your goals of Smart Manufacturing by lowering the risk of adopting new technology. In addition to creating an environment for members to collaborate, learn and share best practices, CESMII members have access to an open and secure digital infrastructure, test-beds, research and development, implementation services, workforce training resources and a solution marketplace all orchestrated to accelerate your success in Smart Manufacturing.
CESMII Kick-off Event
CESMII officially launched on December 20, 2016. The CESMII Kick-off brought together partners from our national network to learn about the Institute’s goals and the value of participating with CESMII. Executives from industry, academia, national labs, national associations and government agencies contributed to plan next steps in working together. Leaders from across the nation shared why Smart Manufacturing is critical to the future of manufacturing innovation, sustainability and growth.
Power of a National Network
CESMII is a national network of Regional Manufacturing Centers (RMCs) each focused on local relationships with opportunities for national impact in the areas of technology transfer and workforce development. The power of the network is cross-linking resources, capabilities and expertise across business, workforce and technical focus areas, leveraging each region’s unique industrial environments. The regions include the California, Gulfcoast, Southeast, Northeast, Midwest and Northwest. The headquarters is located in Los Angeles, CA.