A new industrial revolution is taking place. At the forefront of this new industrial revolution the Clean Energy Smart Manufacturing Innovation Institute (CESMII) is helping manufacturers of all sizes, and across all industry sectors, in bringing together information and operations technologies built on the open SM PlatformTM to create radically smarter, more productive, and energy-efficient production systems and domestic supply chains across American industry, while empowering workers from the plant floor to the C-Suite with actionable information for real-time decision-making. This transformation aims to unlock the true potential of our people, processes, and technology by transcending barriers of cost, risk and accessibility. We welcome you to attend this seminar to learn more about CESMII’s key strategic objectives, near-term technology roadmap and how you can participate in (a) advancing the four paradigms underpinning Smart Manufacturing—Business Practices, Enabling Technologies, Platform Infrastructure, and Workforce Development; and (b) developing and deploying your own products and solutions built on the revolutionary SM PlatformTM ecosystem in your industrial settings to achieve new cross-industry benchmarks for radically improving safety, energy efficiency, environmental sustainability, operational performance, and economic productivity. Let us join forces to advance America’s Next Industrial Revolution.
- 09:00 – 09.30 – Registration and Welcome Vincent Torres, University of Texas at Austin
- 09:30 – 10:15 – CESMII Overview and Technology Roadmap Tom Edgar and Dean Schneider, Gulf Coast Regional Manufacturing Center
- 10:15 – 11:00 – Process of Smart Manufacturing with Demonstration Scott Miller, Gulf Coast Regional Manufacturing Center
- 11:00 – 11:40 – Introduction to SM PlatformTM and Testbed Projects Amit Manthanwar, Gulf Coast Regional Manufacturing Center
- 11:40 – 12:00 – Membership and Institute Participation Dean Schneider, Gulf Coast Regional Manufacturing Center
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Q&A with Closing Remarks and Networking Dean Schneider, Gulf Coast Regional Manufacturing Center