CESMII Roadmap 2017-2018
- Radically accelerate the development and adoption of advanced sensors, controls, platforms, and models to enable Smart Manufacturing (SM) to become the driving, sustainable engine that delivers real-time business improvements in U.S. manufacturing.
- 15% improvement in energy efficiency in first-of-a-kind demonstrations at manufacturing plants or of major processes within 5 years.
- 50% reduction in cost and time to deploy SM in existing processes within 5 years.
- Significant industry adoption of SM technology within 5 years.
- Sustainable portfolio of business, technology, research and development, and workforce development activities that directly replaces initial Federal funding within 6 years.
- 50% improvement in energy productivity within 10 years.
To enhance U.S. manufacturing productivity, global competitiveness, and reinvestment by: increase in the following - 1) energy productivity, 2) institute sustainability, 3) economic performance, 4) workforce capacity
Our roadmap outlines CESMII’s strategic objectives, the R&D Portfolio, and the near term action plans for advancing Smart Manufacturing business practices, enabling technologies, platform infrastructure, and workforce development.