“Change is at the core of the smart manufacturing journey. Even though we don’t have all the answers, as leaders we need to embrace it.”
Director of Marketing
CESMII – The Smart Manufacturing Institute
Top 5 Takeaways
For our 1st episode, our guests explored what a world-class mindset in Smart Manufacturing looks like, how to elevate it, and how impactful leadership buy-in is on its success. Listen to the full episode to gain all the valuable insights and dialogue from Audrey, Habib, Jim, John, and Mike – in the meantime, here are their top 5 pieces of advice:
- Start by creating a vision and keeping a can-do attitude. You won’t be able to do this on your own so make sure to identify key partnerships to uncover gaps in your business. Remove the following words from your vocabulary: failure, complexity, and impossible.
- Be an authentic leader. It’s one thing to read and execute a playbook but it’s another to embed it in your DNA. The buck stops with leadership teams and at some point, they need to weigh in on OT projects (people, process, and technology) to ensure alignment with the smart manufacturing vision.
- The SM mindset starts with awareness of what’s possible. You can’t have ambition unless you know what’s possible. Every journey starts with a single step and provides an opportunity for learning. Once you get started, governance plays a key role in measuring success.
- Leverage the resources and tools from CESMII. From education to our ecosystem of partners, there are tools to help leaders get started.
- When you think about smart manufacturing, think differently
Special thank you to our guests:
- Audrey St Onge: President and General Manager at Lallemand Baking NA
- Habib Quazi: Senior Executive at ExxonMobil
- Jim Wetzel: Co-Founder of NxGen Group (former executive at General Mills)
- John Dyck: CEO CESMII
- Series Host: Mike Yost
Smart Manufacturing Mindset™Think Differently
We’ll be releasing episodes the last Tuesday of the month. Follow us on LinkedIn to get notified about upcoming episodes.