“Data, if you break it down into its most basic element, data is a signal that doesn’t necessarily represent expertise. And so, I think that the most important thing we have in operations, on the factory floor, or in the supply chain, wherever it might be across your organization, that the human expertise is still the most valuable resource.”
Autonomous Transformation: Creating a More Human Future in the Era of Artificial Intelligence
The book, Autonomous Transformation: Creating a More Human Future in the Era of Artificial Intelligence, is about the next era of transformation and the new system of leadership needed to harness the economic and societal potential of AI and other advances technologies, rehumanizing work and creating a more human future in the era of AI, based on my experiences in AI Strategy positions at Microsoft and Accenture working with senior executives at many of the FORTUNE 500.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has arrived – and loudly – in many forms, and it’s playing a critical role in how Smart Manufacturing will succeed and evolve. For some, it still represents the frontier, but for those who have adopted it, it has been a game-changer.
But AI doesn’t work in a vacuum, or as some “plug-and-play” solution to every manufacturing or operational challenge. AI requires massive amounts of data – and the right kind of data – to empower leaders and technicians to deploy next-generation intelligent solutions. It also depends on available and effective external data sources that can bolster your efforts.
This insightful, 50-minute conversation brings together some of the brightest minds in the AI space, speaking candidly about the current state of AI, how it can be used for optimal effectiveness, and what the future holds for data-driven manufacturers of all sizes.
Key discussion points and takeaways from our experts include:
- Where AI can – and should – make a real difference to “move the meter” in the manufacturing sector.
- Going beyond generative AI and exploration and finding practical, productive methods for deployment and scalability.
- Rethinking the ways we operate and the relationship between operations and design.
- Ways AI can reduce energy expenditure and create new levels of sustainability
- The ongoing challenge of integrating and contextualizing data, and knowing how to synthesize, integrate and leverage AI for the greater good.
- The role humans play in this equation to create new levels of efficiency and productivity.
- Working toward democratization of AI to make it accessible to all.