RFP2 - Wave 2 Moves to Project Negotiations Phase
CESMII is pleased to announce that four (4) project proposals submitted in response to the RFP2 – Wave 2 open solicitation have been selected for negotiations. No project funding has been released at this point. Rather, this is the last step in the award process of this solicitation. Any, or all, of the four selected teams that successfully complete negotiations will be awarded project funding and move to the project execution phase.
The teams selected for negotiation are listed below.
- Festo Didactic and West Virginia University (WVU) will create modular and scalable curricula that allow students of diverse backgrounds to learn in a hands-on manner how Industry 4.0 technologies and data-driven analytics are applied in SM.
- Auburn University (AU), Rayonier Advanced Materials and Linde will establish and validate a novel model of SM training, including a complete circle of content creation, delivery and evaluation.
- University of Texas - El Paso (UTEP), Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center (TMAC) and Paso del Norte (PdN) will create an SM curriculum and certificate program to attract and grow an SM-educated workforce, particularly across a minority group, to help achieve the CESMII goal of ‘participation of underrepresented groups’ in the institute.
- Purdue University, West Lafayette will develop a comprehensive undergraduate curriculum for preparing manufacturing engineers who can meet the demands of an SM workplace
The RFP2 – Wave 2 project call was released in November 2019 with a focus on Education & Workforce Development (EWD) deliverables. EWD is one of four strategic pillars in the institute’s roadmap.
Read the full selection announcement here.
Read the RFP2 - Wave 2 project call document here.
Our ecosystem is inclusive by design,and everyone has a role to play.
Come find yours!
JOIN US >
Headquarters: Los Angeles, California
(888) 720-8096 | firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 CESMII - The Smart Manufacturing Institute, A Program in UCLA