Innovation Project Resources
Notice – Extension of Proposal Period Below
CESMII Announces Request for Proposals (RFP 2 – Wave 4, Round 2) for Roadmap Projects
This RFP will focus on:
- Launching a new category of projects, called Innovation Projects, to create solutions to manufacturing problems through the use of CESMII technologies.
Innovation Projects are designed to rapidly develop solutions to solve challenging manufacturing use cases for processes and equipment relevant for CESMII’s membership. Projects must bring value rapidly (approximately 3-6 months) and will be executed in an agile manner by an interdisciplinary team led by a manufacturer. The project team will collaborate and develop a solution that includes information models (SM Profiles) and applications necessary to solve the use case.
Up to $4.0M ($2M Federal and $2M cost share) is available for this RFP. Funding for each SM Innovation Project must not exceed $200K (Federal + cost share).
- SM Innovation Projects help solve manufacturing use cases using SM technologies and solutions (leveraging the core capabilities of the SM Innovation Platform) while creating SM Profiles™ and innovative SM software Applications that will be used to populate the SM Marketplace™ (a concept similar to the app store) in the future.
- The funding for SM Innovation Projects will be allocated in several rounds. Initial funding for Round 1 was approximately $1M ($500K Federal and $500K cost share). Up to $4.0M ($2M Federal and $2M cost share) is available for Round 2 and any future rounds. Funding for each project must not exceed $200K (Federal + cost share).
- In Round 2, CESMII is looking to strengthen its portfolio with a broader diversity in manufacturing use cases. These include uses cases from additional small and medium manufacturers as well as use cases that more directly impact energy productivity.
Below is available documentation to learn more about the goals of CESMII, Areas of Interest and process and deadlines for this RFP.
Proposal Submissions: SM Innovation Projects Round 2
- Full proposal submission deadline is December 31,2020 January 17th, 2021 by 11:59pm PST.
- Proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be accepted.
Informational Webinar Dates – RFP2 Wave 4, Round 2:
Two (2) Informational Webinars were hosted to explain the process. Each webinar was run for sixty (60) minutes. The first Webinar was an overview of Innovation Projects and went into the specifics of this round. The second webinar was a deep dive into the RFP Process for this round, how to create a proposal and apply.
Download the files below for all information on RFP2 and templates required to successfully submit a proposal.
- Request for Proposal RFP2 – (Wave 4 Round 2: Innovation Projects.pdf)
- Expression and Application of Smart Manufacturing Profiles
- SM Innovation Platform Technical Overview (Tech Overview)
- Understanding the Smart Manufacturing Innovation Platform
- Proposal submission Document (Statement of Objectives) – Download
- Project Overview 1-page Template (PowerPoint) – Download
Questions And Answers:
Webinar – Overview of Innovation Projects, Purpose, and Funding
Webinar – Overview of Innovation Projects, Proposal Process Deep Dive