SM Innovation Platform
The Smart Manufacturing Innovation Platform is an example of our interoperability solution to deliver Industrial Plug and Play to all of industry – discrete, hybrid and process. The platform provides secure connectivity to your equipment and processes, and adds valuable context, so that applications can access your information intelligently and in an assisted or automated way.
The key technology in the platform is the concept of Profiles, the standards CESMII is creating to contextually describe sensors, equipment and processes, as well as the ability to create semantics for your data, showing how variables relate to each other. The combination of these new concepts in context, will enable the holy grail, the ability to define new systems, without the need for extensive middleware configuration or infrastructure maintenance and management.
The core capabilities of the SMIP can be broadly classified into the following:
- Connectivity (ability to connect to different data sources)
- Data ingestion (ability to acquire/capture data)
- Data Contextualization (ability to organize data into a structured form)
- Secure Data access, management, exchange (ability to access, store, retrieve the structured data)
- Workflow orchestration (ability to orchestrate data movement between OT components)
- Interoperability (ability for OT components to access/interact with the structured data)
- Platform management (ability to create instances of the platform for creating solutions)
- Marketplace (ability for applications to be integrated into the platform for use in developing solutions