Satellite Office - Southern Regional Manufacturing Center
Facilities and Capabilities
- Hosted by NC State University and located on the Centennial Campus, a 1300+-acre research park and academic campus.
- Co-located with PowerAmerica.
- Adjacent partners include government, corporate and academic research organizations
- ABB Corporate Research Center US
- Eastman Chemical Innovation Center
- Mann+Hummel Innovation Center
- NSA Laboratory for Analytic Sciences
- NCSU Institute for Advanced Analytics
- FREEDOM Center (NSF ERC “Future Renewable Electric Energy Delivery and Management Systems”)
- ASSIST Center (NSF Nanosystems ERC for “Advanced Self-Powered Systems of Integrated Sensors and Technologies”)
- The Nonwovens Institute
- Center for High-Performance Simulation
- henry2 supercomputer
- Paper-making pilot plants
- Clean Energy Technology Center
Contact: Phil Westmoreland, Regional Manufacturing Center Director for more information.
- Research Triangle Park: SAS Institute, IBM, RTI International, EPA, GSK, Lenovo
- National Labs: Savannah River (SRNL), Oak Ridge (ORNL)
- Chemicals & materials: DowDuPont, BASF, Eastman Chemical, FMC, Novozymes, Evonik, Honeywell (Polymers, specialty chemicals), Nucor, Arconic (Metals), Corning, PPG (Glass), WestRock, International Paper, Georgia Pacific, Domtar, Rayonier (Paper), GlaxoSmithKline, Biogen, Merck, Grifols, Lilly, Pfizer, Sandoz (Pharma)
- Transportation equipment: Toyota, BMW, GM, Kia, Honda, Volkswagen (Cars), Freightliner/Daimler, Mack/Volvo (Trucks), ThomasBuilt, BlueBird (Buses), Michelin, Bosch, CVG Group (Supply chain), Rolls-Royce, Boeing, UTC Aerospace, GE Aviation (Air), Newport News Shipbuilding
- Electrical/Electronic: ABB, GE Digital, Schneider Electric, Cree, Siemens, Citrix, Cisco
- Food & Beverage: Coca Cola, Smithfield, Tyson, Butterball, Campbell’s