PROJECT GOAL: Identify the energy saving potential of dynamic drying protocols driven by real time process parameter measurements, that also maintain product quality.
- Develop and use process models of typical kilns to identify drying protocols that can reduce energy consumption and increase productivity
- Instrument manufacturing process and measure energy consumption for baseline and proposed kilning process at different grower sites.
- Quantify energy and economic savings for growers and publish recommendations
KEY TASKS AND MILESTONES:
- Process Model Development and Validation
- Process Instrumentation, Monitoring and Experiments
- Data Analysis, Algorithm Development and Dissemination
- Increase in Energy Efficiency
- Increase in Production Efficiency
- Broad Agricultural Sector Impact
- SM profile of generic agricultural product drying
- Ectron SmartEYE allow easy data transfer to SIMP
- Baseline data will enable edge and cloud app for future SIMP and SM Marketplace deployment
- Potential for new CESMII membership in agricultural, food and beverage vertical
|Member % Cost Share||CESMII % Cost Share||Duration|