- Expose leaders of 20 SMMs to the SM Platform with real-world examples of how smart manufacturing hardware and software tools can be implemented;
- Train 20 persons on use of smart manufacturing tools such that each person may implement those tools at their respective companies
TECHNICAL APPROACH: Devise a basic real-world workflow for CNC machining that includes manufacturing process data acquisition and utilizes the SM Platform for analytics and showcase to SMMs and workforce.
- Demonstrate SM technologies and platform – measure energy consumption during CNC machining and digitally connect the quality inspection information using the SM Platform.
- Host in-person and web-based workshops to demonstrate the smart manufacturing workflow to SMMs and to incumbent and future workforce.
KEY TASKS AND MILESTONES:
- Real-world CNC machining-plus-inspection workflow established
- Real-world directed energy deposition (DED)-plus-inspection workflow established
- Manufacturing Equipment added to SM Platform
- Instrumentation/Sensors integrated with R&D facilities and data mgt. plan completed
- First execute manufacturing workflow with process data analyzed using SM Platform
- Demonstration to SMMs and workforce training
- Final Report
- 20 SMMs understand smart manufacturing concepts and how to utilize SM Platform
- 20 persons trained at a level to implement basic smart manufacturing using the SM Platform
- 5 SMMs adopt smart manufacturing technologies
- Demonstrate interoperability of a CESMII manufacturing testbed and the SM Platform
- Instantiation of additional manufacturing equipment on the SM Platform
- Leverage and complement first wave of CESMII-funded projects
- Possible increase in CESMII membership base
|Member % Cost Share||CESMII % Cost Share||Duration|