Northern Regional Manufacturing Center
Facilities and Capabilities
- Hosted by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) – Troy, NY
- Dedicated team to be located on the RPI campus in the
- George M. Low Center for Industrial Innovation (CII)
- Access to classroom, lab and high-bay space as needed, in cooperation with the
- Center for Automation Technologies and Systems (CATS), supported through New York State
- Lighting Enabled Systems & Applications (LESA), an NSF funded Engineering Resource Center
- The Center for Computational Innovations (CCI), RPI’s Supercomputing Center
- Advanced Robotics Manufacturing Center (ARM)
- Manufacturing Innovation Learning Laboratory (MILL) - RPI’s core manufacturing facility
Contact: Craig Dory, Regional Manufacturing Center Director for more information.
- Advanced Manufacturing (CATS), Composites and Modeling, High Speed Computing and Scientific Computation (SCOREC) and Center for Computational Innovations (CCI) at RPI and other facilities within the region.
- Multiple world renowned universities such as MIT, Rutgers, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Purdue-Calumet, University of Connecticut, University at Buffalo, Alfred University, Syracuse University, and many others.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute's (WPI) Center in Advanced Research of Drying (CARD)
- MIT Energy Initiative, MIT Process Systems Engineering Laboratory, Information & Decision Systems (MIT, RPI, etc.)
- UCONN UTC Institute for Advanced Systems Engineering, Connecticut Cyber Security for Smart Manufacturing and Cybersecurity Center, Center for Clean Energy Engineering,
- RIT Center of Excellence in Advanced & Sustainable Manufacturing, NanoPower Research Laboratory
- Purdue-Calumet Steel Manufacturing Simulation and Visualization Consortium, Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation
- Rutgers Lab for Energy Smart Systems, Pilot Plant Facility including Sensing, Control, Modeling, Manufacturing, Data Management, Center for Transportation, Food, Pharma, Battery, Nano Manufacturing, sustainable Packaging, Robotics, Advance Automation Manufacturing, etc.
- Buffalo Manufacturing Works - Additive Manufacturing, Laser Forming, Modeling & Simulation,
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (CCAT) offers leading-edge equipment and systems