PROJECT GOAL: To create a central hub for all production data, providing real-time optics into plant operations. A successful project will yield a revolutionary framework that can be used by other small to medium manufacturers to reduce the costs of collecting, parsing and storing real-time data.
TECHNICAL APPROACH: New scale heads and load cells will be installed on 4 key operations in ECM Performance Materials’ (ECMPMC) plant. An EDGE device will be utilized to run the SM Platform™ on premise at ECMPMC’s location. Workflows will be configured to walk the operator through the process steps to execute production orders. A local PLC will coordinate between the SM Platform™ workflow elements and the local equipment in order to assure safety and real-time processing of manufacturing events. Weighing information will be retrieved from the new scale heads and mapped to the profile created for the SM Platform™.
KEY TASKS AND MILESTONES:
- Evaluate Plant Integration Options
- Hardware/Software POC
- Procurement and Installation of Hardware
- Installation of Platform on Premise
- Develop Workflows in SM Platform™6. Develop UI
- Develop Integrations
- Systems Testing
- Systems Implementation
- Complete visibility in production and efficiency
- Framework created for future mobile app integration
- A small, minority-owned manufacturer in Ohio employing 15 people will be able to stay competitive and evaluate the possibility of expansion.
- A member systems integrator – Flexware Innovation – first project within the CESMII community.
- The SM Platform™ will be implemented, tested, stretched, and integrated by a competent team that wants to see the platform accelerate the democratization of Smart Manufacturing.
- A scale profile will be created for use in the SM Platform™
- Framework that can be used by other member companies
|Member % Cost Share||CESMII % Cost Share||Duration|