Keynote Address: Demystifying IIoT, Industry 4.0, and Smart Manufacturing
Join the Tuscarawas Valley Manufacturing Partnership (TVMP) on Friday, June 17th for straight talk on modernizing your manufacturing operations by leveraging advanced technologies. We’ve invited industry leaders at the center of regional and national efforts to improve manufacturing competitiveness to join us and explain the terminology, the practicality, and the availability of these technologies. They’ll also discuss programs and activities already in flight to help manufacturers in northeast Ohio.
We’ve invited two speakers to share the keynote role.Nick Barendt is the Director of the Institute for Smart, Secure and Connected Systems (ISSACS) at Case Western Reserve University, as well as the Director of the Smart Manufacturing Innovation Center (SMIC) - a regional extension of CESMII, the national institute on Smart Manufacturing funded by the Department of Energy. Mike Yost is the founder of Bennit and Outreach Advisor for the SMIC at Case. He’s a 30-year veteran of industrial automation and industrial software and is deeply involved in regional, national, and global work on Smart Manufacturing. Nick and Mike will discuss what’s happening in our region, how to make sense of IIoT, and how to take action.
- 20+ years of engineering experience in industry - Automation, Test & Measurement, IoT
- Executive Director, Institute for Smart, Secure and Connected Systems (ISSACS)
- Co-Executive Director, IoT Collaborative, a partnership between Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland State University
- Director, CESMII Smart Manufacturing Innovation Center (SMIC) @CWRU
- Adjunct Faculty, Case Western Reserve University & Cleveland State University
- 30+ years industrial experience: Rockwell / GE / Tech Startups
- Industrial Automation/Software: MES / EMI / Smart Manufacturing
- Last 12+ years in nonprofits: Former President, MESA.org & Outreach Executive, CESMII.org
- Contributing Expert, World Manufacturing Forum Report 2017 & 2019
- Founder, Bennit (2016) & Industry 4.0 Club (2021)
- Creator, project IGBYS & ‘6 Degrees of Smart Manufacturing’ YouTube series
Following the keynote there will be a panel, including Nick & Mike, a representative from an MEP, and a solution provider.